Travel Tour China

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Varied Zests Of Chinese Congee

My usual trip plan would always include trying out the tempting food tastes of different countries. The very first spots that I would normally go to are the local general stores and the libraries. These two places are very great sources of the local life and mores of a particular place.

For my Chinese adventure this year, I went looking forward to having a test of the authentic Chinese congee, which I heard is also a restorative meal. The Chinese congee is commonly much-publicized in the West as a rice porridge. Visiting the local market where congee is prepared, I intensely waited for my congee to be brewed. I saw that in producing the Chinese congee, there can be varied ingredients to add such as salted eggs, wheat gluten, bamboo shoots, and century egg. However, there are also some different congee preparations that use slices of fish, beef, scallions, and peanuts for a more palatable and hearty congee. Some spices like soy sauce and pepper can be mixed as well to come up with a herbaceous and full-flavored congee version. At the same time, sugar can be blended in to do a saccharine congee flavor. After eating my tasty congee, there was no doubt that I was equipped to walk for miles to complete my Chinese trip for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home