Travel Tour China

Friday, July 28, 2006

Famous Giant Panda of China

I have always been astonished with the grandeur of Mother Nature and its components like plants and animals. When it comes to animals, my most favorite is the Giant Panda, (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) which is common in central and southern China. Honestly, I do not know why,
feasibly because I find them embraceable and huggable. Or feasibly, I have been a bear in my preceding life.

Giant Panda which go to the bear family, Ursidae, are recognized for their black and white markings. Their legs, shoulders, ears and elongated stains around the eyes are black, and the rest of the coat is white. They are chief tree climbers, but they can also swim to escape hunters. Pandas exercise an enlarged wrist bone that looks like a thumb to clutch objects like bamboo.

This is one of the core reasons why I desire to visit China. I desire to see before my very eyes these astonishing creatures that are facing a big problem of extinction nowadays. Giant pandas' glitch of extinction occur largely due to periodic bamboo die off, habitat loss, and poaching. Today, there are a number of conservation efforts being initiated to remove the Giant Panda from the brink of extinction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home