Travel Tour China

Monday, January 22, 2007

The Biggest Shopping Center Ever Built in China

When I went to Disneyland in the States, I was told that I could see all the vivid rides and animated avenues in about two days. That was understandable, since there are quite a few theme attractions being added to their drawn out checklist of sights each year. But when I came across China's biggest shopping complex, I was completely stunned. They say that it would also take two days to visit every specialty boutique and retail store in the building. I was so ready to go to every boutique that I couldn't wait until the next day to check everything off my shopping checklist. It turned out, what other people have been saying is true -- it was unthinkable to see this splendidarchitectural wonder all in one day.

The Golden Resources Mall is considered to be the most gigantic shopping complex in the world. The well-known Mall of America in Minnesota was found out to be around 4,000,000 square feet while its Chinese counterpart in the heart of Beijing is bigger by 2,000,000 feet. The new world wonder has over 1,000 specialty boutiques, 230 escalators, a wide skating rink, and a huge space for restaurants that's probably as big as a couple of football fields. Just imagine how long it would take you to walk from the wide parking lot to the shopping complex itself -- it's absolutely amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home