Travel Tour China

Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Celebrated Movies and Enthralling Music of Andy Lau

After watching Martin Scorsese's "The Departed," I discerned that the movie was an adaptation of this recognized Hong Kong action flick entitled "Internal Affairs." When I researched about "Internal Affairs," I later discerned that the movie featured a very recognized Hong Kong movie star and pop star named Andy Lau. I remember seeing CDs of Andy Lau while traveling Hong Kong few years ago, but at that time I thought that the pop star Andy was different from the actor Andy that I already knew; to my bewilderment, they are one and the same person.

Lau is among the very few Chinese stars who have completed notable success both in the movies and in music. As an actor, Andy has made over 100 exalted films, including "Internal Affairs," and its sequel, "Internal Affairs 3," for which he was honored with the much coveted Golden Horse. He is more notable to Western audiences for playing opposite Ziyi Zhang in the internationally adored "House of Flying Daggers."

As a musical artist, Andy is avowed for recognized hits like "The Days We Passed Together," "Neverending Love," "Forget Love Potion," and "You Are My Woman." Since breaking into the Mandarin and Cantonese music scene, Andy has bagged 292 musical awards and appeared in 179 concerts; he is also listed in the Guinness World Records as the Canto-Pop Male Artist with most number of awards bagged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home