Travel Tour China

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Thrilling but Tiring Ordeal in China

I was successful enough to be able to go to China last month. The journey exposed me to the numerous historic sites and astonishing tourists attractions. But I'll never forget the delectable but extraordinary Chinese foods I've tasted.

China is the home of the most tasty and special food in the world. But eating in China demands you to use a chopstick, the most common eating utensil in the area. Being courageous, I strived eating noodles by using chopsticks for the first time. It was not easy and horrendous for my palms at the beginning, but after a few minutes, I already got the hang of it.

Eating Chinese food becomes a very thrilling (but sometimes tiring) ordeal because of chopsticks. Eating in chopsticks does not only transform the activity into an art, but it also helped me decrease some mass. Kidding aside, chopsticks are not just eating utensils but they also serve a critical part in the Chinese traditions. Chinese people often use their right hand to hold their chopsticks and their left hand to hold their mini rice bowls near their mouth. They suppose that using a spoon or fork to pick up rice as insulting for their culture. In addition, chopsticks are also given to newly weds as good luck charms since the Chinese word for "chopsticks" sounds akin to the words "to bear a son soon."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home