Travel Tour China

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gobbling your Way to China's Victual Arts

China is esteemed by numerous manifestations of its cultural imminence. One such aspect that interests me is the elaborateness|ornateness of the country's culinary arts. I have not conceived an opinion yet about the merits of the diligence and devotion placed on food preparation and presentation, so it is imperative that I try out regular fine dining in China. My worthy guide ushered me to a Shanghai restaurant near the bay. The place was furbished with paper and bamboo lanterns and it was structured with wooden furniture, paintings, and ink calligraphy signs. I was cheerily greeted and seated by an attendant and hastily assisted for my order. I resolved to try out lobster to match western and Chinese cooking. I was overwhelmed by the food presentation, with the lobster was placed at the center of the plate surrounded by garnishing of vegetables attractively shaped into pieces looking like real flowers. On the side is an assortment of sauces, herbs and spices to add to the food's flavor. Gobbling it was more amusing . The experience was so excellent that I couldn't really make a scrutiny. About my conclusion, let's just say that I left a plentiful tip since Chinese culinary arts belong to a category of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home